Saturday, July 24, 2010

BIRTHDAY!

Well, all I can say is that life continues to get better the older I get. At 25, I am blessed to be as active and energetic as I've ever been, and significantly wiser about the world. Mostly, I'm happier. For a long time I thought it was better to be brooding and unhappy but thankfully I've grown out of that phase. Having a cheerful, fun-loving and compassionate partner makes being happy a breeze.

So, I had a wonderful birthday spent with family. My mom is in town and Betsy, Charlie, Adam, Mom, Chuck and Ryan and I had dinner at a new pizzeria. They graciously let Adam and me bring our own vegan cheese to the restaurant to put on our pizza. It was a little dry and could have used more flavor, but I'll definitely try it again. The day was full of downpours and thunder, but it cleared up in the evening and we had a lovely dinner out on the patio between Boulder and the pizzeria. Complete with a pretty sky.

We came back to our house for cupcakes and presents. I made coconut cupcakes with chocolate coconut frosting....yum! The presents were very nice and it was so good to spend time with my family. Adam got us a cooler to transport all of our vegan treats (vegenaise, margarine, tofu, soy milk, etc.) when we travel, and he made me the best gift ever! We're biking to his family's vacation cottage on Keuka Lake next weekend, and he designed and printed beautiful vouchers for an overnight in Geneva and a shopping spree at Geneva's health food store. We're going to bike to Geneva after work on Friday, spend the night at a hotel, and then go shopping for our food needs before biking another hour to Keuka. How fabulous! He also got me a lovely brown frock which I really love. Perfect for work, and especially for biking to work! Awesome!

So here's to another year older, another year to continue growing, to keep on adventuring, and keep on loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment