Saturday, July 14, 2012

bastille day

Today is the French independence day and I am wondering how they celebrate...do they use fireworks like we do? Or are they more demure and refined, and just picnic on the Eiffel Tower lawn...?
We share a somewhat similar history with France and yet we are so, so, so different. I read yesterday that France is #1 in healthcare worldwide, though they are #4 in spending. Guess who is #1 in spending? The U.S. of A. But what number are we in healthcare? 37.

Screw Obamacare. And Canada. Vive la France!

This weekend is unique in that Adam is away with his family at their camp and I am home with the cats. It's funny the way that life changes when a person is away for a weekend. For example, our cats, who normally think EVERY NIGHT IS A SLEEPOVER, meaning, they get to walk all over us all night long finding the perfect new spot to sleep, they, well, they ignored me. All. Night. I think Wallcat snuck in sometime in the middle of the night to catch a few zzz's at the foot of the bed. Jilly, it appears, slept on the windowsill and on the bathmat in the bathroom. So, it's good to know they are really only here for Adam. 

I made a smoothie this morning that was quite delicious, so I thought I'd share the recipe:

1-2 frozen bananas
1 C almond milk
2 generous Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 C water or ice (if you like it thicker)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground flaxseed (optional)

This made about 1 1/2 to 2 glasses that I drank by myself in about 2 minutes. The nice thing about this is that it is so yummy but it's not all that bad for you. Each of the items is a serving of the food, and the only sugar is from the bananas (unless your peanut butter has sugar, which is sneaky and they shouldn't do that to perfectly good peanut butter).

I am headed to yoga in a bit so I've got to run, but I wanted to stop in and say hello.
Bonjour.

No comments:

Post a Comment