Tuesday, November 10, 2009

conundrum.

So, I have applied, interviewed, and been considered for a job at an agency called St. Joseph's Villa. It's a good position with a good agency with good benefits. Good deal.

Here's my conundrum. I need a "valid NYS driver's license" in order to proceed to hiring. I never got around to getting a new license until I applied for this job. But in order to get a new license, I need my social security card, which I've misplaced. Turns out living in 8 cities, 3 states, and 2 countries in 5 years can make it difficult to keep everything together. So I immediately applied for my SS card, which has yet to arrive. I called SSA, and they said that I should have already received my card, so I could go in to the office and see if they'll reissue one to me. Then I can go to the DMV, get a new license, and start working again.

EXCEPT, tomorrow is f-ing Veteran's Day. The most random of all government holidays. Both the SSA office AND the DMV will be closed tomorrow. So at the very earliest, I could get my new license Thursday. Which means I probably couldn't get in for hiring until next week. And they're already annoyed that I haven't gotten them my new license number.

epic fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment